Page 14

Kirby presses her face against Byron's.

KIRBY
All you have to do is be mine again.


Byron turns away from her.

BYRON
That's your biggest mistake, Kirby. Thinking that I was yours to begin with. You never told me how you felt! You never said anything when I started talking to Dawn! Yes, you and I had a connection, but I thought it came from our love of martial arts, not for each other. You never expressed...these kinds of emotions for me. We were students -

KIRBY
We were partners! You and me! I was yours and you were mine! After all these years, after all we've been through, don't stand there and act like you didn't know! How could you just leave me like that?

BYRON
Whatever you think I've done to you, it still doesn't justify murdering my wife!


Kirby sighs.


KIRBY
So if you're not here to join me, what are you here for?