Page 7

Byron turns to his counselor.


BYRON
However, something tells me you already knew that, Dr. Arnold.


The doctor’s eyes widen for a moment. His face contorts with confusion.


DR. ARNOLD
And why would you think that?

BYRON
Don't you find it strange that my sessions with you are completely covered? I mean, I haven't paid you a dime. But every week for the past two months you've been compensated. That doesn't seem a bit odd to you?


The doctor is nervous. He can sense that something is wrong.


DR. ARNOLD
Um...no...not really. My staff is more familiar with those things. I...figured your insurance is taking care of –

BYRON
That's not what you said when we first met, doctor...when you came to me, as I wept at my wife's grave. You offered me your services. And when I told that I didn't have any insurance, you said we'd "figure something out."